Despite the attention-grabbing headline, nothing interesting actually happens in this post, so move along. :)
Ten Steps To iPhone Destruction and Repair:
- Shatter your iPhone screen early Monday morning by dropping it onto a cement patio floor.
- Grumble at yourself and to co-workers on Slack.
- Try to make an appointment at the Apple Store, but it’s fully booked for the day. Decide to go right when it opens at 10 a.m. and hope for the best.
- Get to the Apple Store, chat with “Sam,” who tells you to sit “over there” and wait for “Brian.”
- Wait 10 minutes. “Brian” walks over and asks you what’s up. Sheepishly hand over your iPhone for repairs.
- Admit to yourself that you are a klutz. Walk to Best Buy to buy a LifeProof Fre case.
- Come back, pick up your iPhone with a new screen. Hand over $115.
- Head back to work.
- At lunch, file a claim with SquareTrade, and be super glad your friend convinced you to buy a $99 two-year insurance plan for your new phone a few months ago, after seeing you drop your phone for the third (fifth?) time.
- At 8 p.m., claim is approved. Receive an Amazon gift card for $115.
My now waterproof, shockproof, and insured phone is ready for our big hiking vacation!